Quality Assurance Test Engineer
ABOUT THE POSITION
Issuetrak is looking for a new Quality Assurance Test Engineer! We’re looking for an enthusiastic new member of our team with the ability to thoroughly test our software and collaborate with the rest of the QA team to design and implement testing roadmaps. Applicants should have a keen eye for detail, good organizational skills, and be able to work both individually and as part of a team.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Quality Assurance Test Engineer supports the business operations at Issuetrak through testing the product and implementing test plans. Your tasks will vary from day to day, but may include:
- Exploring the product for defects and reporting them accordingly to improve user experience
- Devising and implementing extensive test plans to assist present/future QA members with testing the product
- Working with fellow QA members and developers to assess and solve critical obstacles
- Working with QA team to implement testing roadmaps
- Maintaining and troubleshooting issues with testing environments
- Acquiring and maintaining a detailed knowledge of the Issuetrak product
Here’s what we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Two (2) years of college, technical school, or associated career experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and tolerate frequent interruptions and task pivoting
- Self-directed, with the ability to work extensively on an individual basis as well as on a team
We would also prefer that the candidate had the following experience:
- Prior testing experience, or four (4) years of college/technical school in a related field.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, AWS, SQL Server, bug-tracking software
- Solid foundation with computer networking
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Generous PTO package
- 12 paid holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Time off for volunteering!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Flex schedules available
Issuetrak is a growing, successful software company based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We’ve got over 25 years experience in successfully developing issue tracking and process management software for companies of all sizes. We’re a customer-centric company with a dedicated vision of creating robust and versatile software solutions for our customers.
At Issuetrak, we’re excited about what we do—all of us, no matter what our role. We collaborate and openly communicate ideas and happenings. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment where their voices are heard and their contributions recognized. We take care of our team members with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. And, hey, we’ve been voted one of the best places to work in Hampton Roads!
If you share our vision for providing great customer experiences in an exciting, growing software company, we’d love to talk with you!