ABOUT THE POSITION
Issuetrak is looking for a DevOps Engineer! This position is a key contributor to our Cloud Services team, assisting in many of the daily tasks that play a critical role in the team’s success. Working under the general direction of the Director of Technical Operations, a candidate for this position must have a strong background in technical support, excellent interpersonal communication skills, an eye for detail, and knowledge of Cloud technologies and computing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As the DevOps Engineer, you’ll be assisting on a wide variety of tasks including supporting and designing continuous integration and delivery pipeline processes, helping with scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support. You’ll be working as a member of a collaborative team, so good communications skills and a positive attitude are important. Your job responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the architecture, design, and support continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Driving technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation.
- Scripting tasks relative to platforms support and service delivery
- Securing, encrypting, and hardening cloud infrastructure from internal or external threats as identified
- Contribute to the overall organization, security, health, execution, and automation of our Cloud implementation on AWS.
- Becoming thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards
- Assisting in any production support efforts as needed
- Participating in company-provided training and performing independent training and research as appropriate
- Designing and/or automating solutions or responsibilities (where possible)
- Installing system patches and application updates as needed
- Identifying and improving processes involving the cloud environment
- Investigating and troubleshooting issues related to the successful operation of the cloud environment
- Ensuring the cloud disaster recovery is fully functional and tested on a regular basis
- Acting as a point of contact for issues related to the cloud infrastructure
- Providing or implementing utilities to facilitate sales or support duties within the cloud environment
- Building and maintaining proper documentation of Cloud policies and procedures
- Maintaining and reporting on KPIs to the Senior Leadership team
- Providing internal and external customers with excellent customer service
- Providing training to other team members
- Being a role model for the Issuetrak team culture
Here’s what we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Strong experience with scripting and automation via Powershell, Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Able to implement and manage continuous delivery (IOC) and methodologies on AWS
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub
- Strong experience administering Windows servers
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Two (2) years of college, technical school, or associated career experience
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team as needed
- At least two (2) years of Help Desk and/or technical support experience
- Detailed experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures
- Understanding of IT networking and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of and experience with IIS Administration and website configuration/troubleshooting
- Ability to work evenings and weekends in response to the needs of the systems being supported
- Experience with Cloud technologies and Cloud computing, including AWS and Rackspace
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Experience with implementing and working in a DevOps environment (desired but not required)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Generous PTO package
- 12 paid holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Time off for volunteering!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Flex schedules available
Issuetrak is a growing, successful software company based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We’ve got a 25-year track record of successfully developing issue tracking and process management software for companies of all sizes. We’re a customer-centric company with a dedicated vision of creating robust and versatile software solutions for our customers.
At Issuetrak, we’re excited about what we do—all of us, no matter what our role. We collaborate and openly communicate ideas and happenings. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment where their voices are heard and their contributions recognized. We take care of our team members with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. And, hey, we’ve been voted one of the best places to work in Hampton Roads!
If you share our vision for providing great customer experiences in an exciting, growing software company – we’d love to talk with you.