Technical Support Analyst
About the Position
Issuetrak is searching for a new Technical Support Analyst! We’re on the lookout for someone with an enthusiastic personality and superb customer service skills who can provide exceptional technical assistance to our current and prospective customers. Applicants should have strong communication skills, the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and a desire to strengthen and improve their technical skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Technical Support Analyst provides technical support for Issuetrak clientele. Your tasks will include:
- Providing end to end customer support and technical issue resolution for customers and prospects via email, phone, chat, our tracking software, and other electronic media.
- Assisting internal/external customers and prospects with Issuetrak software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Creating new user accounts for customers and prospects.
- Troubleshooting Issuetrak software related problems dealing with SQL Server, IIS configuration, Active Directory, email processing (Exchange, POP3, IMAP, and SMTP) and Windows Server configuration.
- Replicating problems within a test environment in order to escalate to the development team for additional assistance.
- Managing, communicating, and escalating issues to the appropriate group or individual for resolution.
- Assisting the TechOps Department as needed for various projects and/or supporting internal team members with Issuetrak software or cloud-related issues.
- Recommending changes/improvements to the Issuetrak software product.
- Assisting with identifying/analyzing issue trends.
- Training other team members on specific technical topics as needed.
- Acting as a role model for the Issuetrak team culture.
- Other duties as assigned. You must be available to work a flexible shift and be available for after-hours emergency calls.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Availability to work Mon-Fri 11am-8pm after training is completed.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to adapt to the skill level of the customer.
- At least 2 years of Help Desk and/or technical support experience.
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, IIS, and Windows Server, and general website configuration/troubleshooting,
- Proficiency with Microsoft technologies and web application hosting.
- The ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team as needed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all of our employees, including the following:
- Generous PTO package
- 12 paid holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Time off for volunteering!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401k
- Flex schedules available
Issuetrak is a growing, successful software company based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We have over 27 years of experience in successfully developing issue tracking and process management software for companies of all sizes. We’re a customer-centric company with a dedicated vision of creating robust and versatile software solutions for our customers.
At Issuetrak, we’re excited about what we do—all of us, no matter what our role. We collaborate and openly communicate ideas and happenings. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment where their voices are heard and their contributions recognized. We take care of our team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. And we’ve been voted one of the best places to work in Hampton Roads!
If you share our vision for providing great customer experiences at an exciting, growing software company, we’d love to speak with you!